Monday, July 25, 2011

Not all chest pain will be heart attack !

Since I already had an heart attack, I was worried when I again had chest pain with pain from my left shoulder radiating down to my arm. So, an ECG & ECHO was done, as just 2 months ago, I had fluid around my heart which was drained out through a delicate & dangerous procedure. So, the pain was worrying me, my family & the doctors too. Luckily, this time, as the ECG & ECHO were normal, the cardiologist suggested that I'd see an gastroenterologist. Knowing that I'm a thyroid cancer survivor & now on steroids, the doctor & my daughter, who is also a doctor, thought that it may be due to hernia or ulcer. So, an endoscopy was done, which showed that I did have some ulcers in my food pipe along with re-flux problems. So, now with some medications, 30 minutes before breakfast & dinner, I'm slightly feeling better.

For those with similar problems, some simple precaution that one can take is to cut down on caffeine intake, avoid citrus fruits, have at least 3 hours gap between your meal & sleeping time, as going to bed with full stomach can cause severe pain. keep your head elevated while sleeping. don't get tensed, as that also leads to more ulcers !

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home