Friday, September 10, 2004

My greatest inspirations from real survivors

Being a survivor, I’m always keen to learn about other survivors, as to how they cope with their disease. So far, I learnt only about thyroid cancer survivors from the various sites I belong to. Since a few days, I joined another cancer site there, I got the opportunity to chat with various types of cancer survivors, also read some very encouraging stories.

I want to share with you all as to how positive these folks are, as normally the oncologists say thyroid cancer is a safe cancer, many survive this without any problem. But hearing those folks who have survived very serious types, still so cheerful, really made me sit up & think about their attitudes. One of them was a man from “ Down Under”, who had colon cancer, where most of his colon was sliced off due to cancer. He said for more than a year, every Tuesday he has chemo, now after 7 years the Drs. said he is cured, isn’t that great to hear. It must have been really torturous for him with chemo every week, as I’ve heard it is very nauseating, some get sores in their mouth, which makes eating impossible, then one has hair loss, becomes very weak. There, he was now, very cheerful, chatting happily with all of us from across the globe!!!

This is the story about a young woman, who was diagnosed with virus cancer in her OVARIES, when she was just 13. She went through her treatment of chemo & so on, now after 11 years, there she was happy to chat with all, inviting us to Japan!

As I chat with more folks, I’ll relate to you their stories, so dear friends, I’m sure reading such stories is going to make you all very positive in life, giving all that there is definite hope of survival, only when you take your treatment regularly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home