Monday, August 09, 2004

A TRIBUTE TO MY MOTHER



My mother was a very strong woman. She had tremendous will power. I’ve never seen cry, nor even complain about her pain, even in her last days, when she was dying of kidney failure, she had that beautiful smile, that belied it all. She’d simply say that she is fine. At this time her hb was very low, just 3, she was losing a lot of blood due to her piles, which couldn’t be operated due to her enlarged heart, diabetes & so on. She endured it all with a beautiful smile. Her main concern was her family, in her last moments too, if we all were fine, which she’d only ask through action, as her lungs were filled with fluid. She refused oxygen, refused to be admitted to the hospital, refused dialysis, as she saw her brother dying a slow & painful death after dialysis. She knew her days were numbered, but it never perturbed her. She wanted to die at home with all her family near her,and she did manage to have her wishes fulfilled.

From my mother, I learned to endure my pain, she made me strengthen my will power, she always was very positive. She was there near me during most of my previous surgeries to give me that strength & courage, which I badly needed. But, I’m grateful to God that she wasn’t there when I had my cancer surgery, as seeing me suffer; it would have hurt her more. But her wishes were what helped me bear it with a smile. Thanks to my mother, I’m what I’m today, positive, ever smiling, wishfully hoping for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home