Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Ovarian Cancer

Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Ovarian Cancer


How far has my ovarian cancer spread?

Do I have to have both of my ovaries removed? If so, will I have hot flashes?

How confident are you that all of the cancer has been removed?

Which chemotherapy drugs do you recommend? Do I have any other treatment options?

How long will I have to undergo chemotherapy?

What side effects should I look for? Are there ways to minimize these side effects?

Will I need any additional surgery?

Should I be tested for the BRCA-1 mutation? What should I do if the test is positive?

What signs should I look for that might indicate the ovarian cancer has come back?

How often should I come in for follow-up visits?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home